Kehilat Chaverim. A Community of Friends...A welcoming cooperative where Judaism is celebrated.
Our Guiding Principles are embodied in our bylaws:
- To enable the expression of Jewish identity independent of affiliation with a synagogue.
- To create a sense of community and extended family.
- To respect and encourage diverse viewpoints and patterns of Jewish observance and non-
- To share in the exploration and learning of Jewish identity, tradition, culture, history
- To accept and support diverse lifestyles and living arrangements.
- To work for, support and encourage a peaceful, free and just United States, Israel, and
- To be mutually responsible for the direction of the group.
- To have equal participation of women and men and to eliminate sexism from all aspects of
- To have transliteration and translation of the Hebrew language used during services to
enable participation in services regardless of knowledge of Hebrew.
- To eliminate any financial barriers to participation in Kehilat Chaverim.